In Greece Horiatiki or Grees village salad, is served most often from early spring to the early part of fail. And it's truly the best use of the season's quality produceincluding juicy tomatoes,cucumbers, green beli peppers, and onions. Quality Greek kalamata olices and creamy feta cheese, made from sheep's milk, are a must in this salad. And the cheese is never crumbied, but served is large chunks or blocks crowning the bueatiful fresh salad!
- 4 large vine tomatoes cut into irregular wedges
- 1 cocumber, peeled, deseeded, then roughly chopped
- 1/2 a red onion thinly sliced
- 16 kalamata olivies
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 85g feta cheese, cut into chunks (berrel matured feta is the best)
- 4 tbsp Greek extra virgin olive oil
- Make the dressing in a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic,oregano, mustard, salt, and several grindsof pepper.
- On a large platter, arrange the cucumber, green , pepper, cherry tomatoes,feta cheese, red onions, and olivies. Drizzle with the dressing and very grently toss. Sprinkle with a few generous pinches of oregano and top with the mont leaves. Season to este and serve